Supaslate Synthetic Slate – Black
Manufactured in Great Britain, Supaslate is a lightweight plastic alternative to natural slate. Supaslate has been designed to be virtually identical to traditional but with the added benefit of being consistent in weight, colour, size and shape. This makes Supaslate suitable for low pitch installations and is extremely fitter friendly making it perfect for fast installation on outdoor buildings such as sheds, garden rooms, pergolas, hot tub covers, garages and log stores. Supaslate is available in a selection of 6 distinctive colours which have been chosen to best match the vernacular of most properties in the UK.
Supaslate has been designed and tested to be extremely durable meaning that unlike traditional slate they won’t crack and de-laminate over time. Supaslate can be installed on pitches as low as 14 degrees when installed on a fully boarded warm roof system. Weighing in at 7.68 kg per m², Supaslate is less than half the weight of traditional slate and is the lightest synthetic slate available in the UK.
Samples Available: Click Here
- Weight: 366g per slate / 7.68kg per m²
- Coverage: 7 Triple Tiles per m² (21 Slate per m²)
- Overall Dimensions: Individual Slate = 291mm x 446mm or Triple Tile = 879mm x 446mm
- Fire Performance: Supaslate has been fire tested to BS 476 Part 3 where it has achieved a fire rating of EXT.S.AC.
- Storage: Supaslate should be stored on a flat even surface. During cold weather, Supaslate must be stored and conditioned at a temperature no lower than 7°C.
- Installation: Supaslate can be fitted onto battens using 32mm Supaslate Screws or direct to OSB or Plywood using 19mm Supaslate Screws. Supaslate can be cut using a utility blade or circular saw.
- Recycling: Supaslate has been manufactured using virgin polypropylene so is 100% recyclable so any waste can be disposed of at your local recycling centre.
- Minimum pitch: 14 degrees
- Manufacturers Guarantee: 20 Years
- Fixings Required: 42 x Screw Fixings per m² pack
- Installed on Board: 19mm Supaslate Screws
- Installed on Battens: 32mm Supaslate Screws
- Ridge Fixings: 50mm Supaslate Screws
- Genuine Supaslate fixing screws must be used when installing Supaslate products.
Pack Size: 7 x Triple Tiles, enough to cover 1 metre squared.